The Old Bank Building
The thriving community of historic Matjiesfontein, could even claim its own bank...
The African Banking Corporation (predecessor to Standard Bank) opened chambers here in June 1897, in a building purpose-built by Logan. The original teller's counter and banking equipment are still on display.
It also houses an impressive display of big game heads, restored by Professor Bengy Rawdon. The heads were collected by Jimmy (JD Logan’s son), and were once the largest such collection in South Africa.