Meetings & Events
Matjiesfontein provides a unique setting for any occasion. Think weddings and family celebrations, as well as business seminars, conferences or workshops conducted in our quiet, historic lounges, the Court House or Transport Museum.
- The old Court House was built in 1897. The venue, with its panelled walls and raised stage for seating of the judiciary, provides a historic backdrop for a small party or seminar with seating for around 60 guests dependant on seating arrangements.
- The Transport Museum features old vintage cars, trains and bicycles within a private garden and courtyard setting. The main car hall can accommodate large corporate functions, wedding receptions and large family celebrations in its spacious double-storey interior.
- The Railway Station Conference Room is located at the Working Station, and is ideal for a seminar with seating for around 60 guests depending on seating arrangements.
Matjiesfontein has two unique chapels that were built at the turn of the century.
- The quaint Traveller’s Chapel is located on the river bank within the hotel gardens.
- The imposing Pink Church is also off the gardens, but a little closer to the Transport Museum.